RDA AUSTRALIA/GIDWhat You’ll Need
- Your choice of vegetable (celery, carrots, okra, Brussels sprouts, and bell pepper all work well)
- Ink pad
- Plain wrapping paper and blank cards
- Paper towels
1. Cut the vegetable crosswise to reveal the cross section. (We used the base of a bunch of celery.) Stand, cut side down, on paper towels to blot up excess moisture.
2. Press cut side of vegetable into ink pad to cover the surface. Make a few practice stamps on scrap paper to work out how much ink you’ll need and how much pressure to apply.
3. Lay a folded tea towel under the paper or card to be stamped. The layers of the towel soften the surface
so that the vegetable can press evenly into the paper. Stamp a repeat pattern all over the paper for gift wrap.
4. Stamp a single motif onto a blank card for a matching tag.