Fill your home with the sweet perfume of roses. If you buy a candle-making kit from a hobby or candle shop, follow the packet instructions for quantities.
You Will Need
- 350 g paraffin wax
- 35 g stearin (helps the wax to harden)
- 1 sachet pink candle dye powder
- 20 drops rose essential oil
What to Do
1. Prepare the candle moulds according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Melt the wax in a double boiler over a low heat.
3. Melt the stearin and dye in a second double boiler, then add rose essential oil.
4. Stir in the stearin mixture.
5. Mould the candles and trim the wicks, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Polish the hardened candles with cotton wool that has been dipped in rose essential oil.