Recently I was grading history tests for my fourth-graders. I’d included an extra credit question: "List up to five good facts about Abraham Lincoln." One of my D students surprised me with this one: "After the war ended, … Read More
• Q: What’s the name of a six-sided polygon?
• Q: What part of the body is affected by glandular fever?
A: The glandular.
• Q: In The Tempest, why does Ariel sing in Gonzalo’s ear?
A: She’s a mermaid and wants to be human.
• Q: In comparison with large hydrocarbons, how would you describe small hydrocarbons?
A: They’re smaller.
• Q: Who were the Bolsheviks?
A: A Russian ballet company.
From F in Exams: Pop Quiz, by Richard Benson (Chronicle Books)