While reviewing math symbols with my second-grade pupils, I drew a greater-than (>) and a less-than (<) sign on the chalkboard and asked, "Does anyone remember what these mean?" A few moments passed, and then a boy … Read More
• Q: What’s the name of a six-sided polygon?
• Q: What part of the body is affected by glandular fever?
A: The glandular.
• Q: In The Tempest, why does Ariel sing in Gonzalo’s ear?
A: She’s a mermaid and wants to be human.
• Q: In comparison with large hydrocarbons, how would you describe small hydrocarbons?
A: They’re smaller.
• Q: Who were the Bolsheviks?
A: A Russian ballet company.
From F in Exams: Pop Quiz, by Richard Benson (Chronicle Books)