7 Deadly Sins of Picture Hanging
1. Using adhesive picture hooks – particularly in humid areas. They’re not up to the job and your artwork could
1. Using adhesive picture hooks – particularly in humid areas.
They’re not up to the job and your artwork could end up on the floor. When removed, they often bring a strip of underlying paint or wallpaper with them.
3. Hanging pictures in areas where there are high temperatures or frequent changes of temperature
Both will accelerate the ageing process of your pictures, so skip the sunroom.
4. Hanging pictures where they will be exposed to bright sunlight for long periods of time.
This will fade both paintings and photographs.
6. Hanging pictures flat against a wall, which can encourage mold growth.
Put something small and flat (like a matchbox) behind your pictures.