It’s been a week since the fifth season finale of “Mad Men” and my mind is still reeling. How could he…? Why did they…? And then that happened…?! (Don’t worry: No spoiler alerts here.) I did, however, stumble upon Buzz Feed’s list of 25 things you didn’t know about the popular show and found myself almost coughing on my coffee at a few of them. So here it goes: Five interesting Mad Men factoids…
1. “Mad Men” was originally pitched to HBO and they rejected it. #bigmistake
2. Seven out of nine writers on the show are female; proof that working women have come a long way since the 1960’s.
3. The $19K that Peggy left the company for turns out to be equivalent to $131K today. It’s all making sense now.
4. Originally, Christina Hendricks auditioned for the role of Midge and Jon Hamm tried out for the part of Jack Donaghy (on “30 Rock,” ultimately played by Alec Baldwin). Can you image Joan Holloway or Don Draper played by anyone else?
5. Mona, Roger Sterling’s ex-wife, is John Slattery’s wife in real life. I bet they have so much fun during outtakes.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?