We said it back in our July/August issue when we ran a big excerpt in our pages: Kristen Iversen’s Full Body Burden, about nuclear contamination at Rocky Flats in Colorado, is essential reading. While the subject might sound hard to approach, Iversen’s book is anything but clinical: It’s a riveting (and well-researched) account of growing up in a place filled with literally toxic secrets.
Now Barnes & Noble has announced that Full Body Burden is one of three nonfiction finalists for its annual Discover Awards, with winners to be announced March 6. Barnes & Noble calls it “unforgettable” —and we agree.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- Being Bald Actually Boosts Your Attractiveness, According to Science
- This Is the Rarest Hair and Eye Color Combination in Humans
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- This Storm Chaser Captured a Perfect Shot that Will Give You Goosebumps