Last night I found out that Lonesome George died—the 100-year-old Galapagos turtle, who was the last of his subspecies—and was sad at his passing. Tonight, I’m going to celebrate his life by watching this great PBS Nature video, which features George and other amazing tortoise stories, and raising a glass in his memory.
If you don’t have access to the terrific Nature series as I do, you can watch the YouTube coverage below, although sensitive souls should probably stick to footage of him alive and at his finest, munching on lettuce and enjoying his island paradise.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?