It’s time once again to gather around the TV and watch Ralphie Parker and his family overcome bullies, a pack of ravenous dogs, an ancient electrical system, a hideous bunny suit and other hurdles as they celebrate their favorite holiday.
To help us all better enjoy our annual wallow in the wacky joys of a 1940s Indiana Christmas, Mental Floss has put together 12 Things You Might Not Know About A Christmas Story (Even Though You’ve Seen It 90 Times). I triple double dog dare you to check it out.
In case you need a reminder about just how masterful this masterpiece is, here’s the original theatrical trailer.
And while we’re on the subject of great Christmas movies about family chaos, don’t miss this “where are they now” feature about the cast of Home Alone, also from Mental Floss.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?