Doppelgänger theory suggests that everyone has a double, somewhere in the world.
But, is it true? Canadian photographer Francois Brunelle doesn’t just think so, he knows so. Brunelle launched “I’m Not a Look-a-Like!” a project to photograph 200 “twins” who aren’t actually twins, or blood related at all. So far he’s about halfway to his goal. When he reaches it, he plans to publish a book of his black and white collection.
Do you know someone who looks eerily similar to yourself (or someone else)? If so, you can participate in Brunelle’s project here.
If you’re still iffy about long lost “twins,” check out this group at experienceproject.com, where people share stories about bumping into their own doppelgängers.
More About True Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Gallatin, Tennessee: The Town That Rose Above Tragedy to Become the Nicest Place in America
- She Ignored Me All Through High School—Now We’ve Been Married for 58 Years
- This Heartbreaking Story Will Remind You Just How Much Kindness Really Matters
- At This Library, You Can “Borrow” People Instead of Books
- 10 Photos That Will Remind You There’s Still Good in the World