The original idea was inspired last May by a detail from a New York Times profile of Ryan that mentions his penchant for fishing catfish with his bare hands. Three 20-something friends set a Tumblr account in action, pairing pictures of Ryan with good-natured pick-up lines playing off his budget plan and GOP policies. Although the girls stopped posting after Ryan appeared uncomfortable with their pet project, his new spot on the GOP ticket has set the blog rolling again with VP-related humor like, “Hey Girl, I may be vying for #2/But you’ll always be my #1.”
As we inch towards November and the campaigning intensifies, it will be fun to see if Ryan follows Hillary’s lead, and submits a “Hey Girl” of his own.
Photo credit: United States Congress/Wikipedia Commons
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?