The original idea was inspired last May by a detail from a New York Times profile of Ryan that mentions his penchant for fishing catfish with his bare hands. Three 20-something friends set a Tumblr account in action, pairing pictures of Ryan with good-natured pick-up lines playing off his budget plan and GOP policies. Although the girls stopped posting after Ryan appeared uncomfortable with their pet project, his new spot on the GOP ticket has set the blog rolling again with VP-related humor like, “Hey Girl, I may be vying for #2/But you’ll always be my #1.”
As we inch towards November and the campaigning intensifies, it will be fun to see if Ryan follows Hillary’s lead, and submits a “Hey Girl” of his own.
Photo credit: United States Congress/Wikipedia Commons
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Who Exactly Is Geronimo—and Why Do We Say His Name When We Jump Off Stuff?
- 20 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 17 Famous Company Names You’re Actually Pronouncing All Wrong
- 50 Little Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice
- Optical Illusion Photos: Stunning Pictures That Aren’t At All What They Seem