It’s already that time of year: Starbucks’ annual red cups are out in full force, our favorite candies now wear red and green wrappers, and store windows reveal loving couples in cozy wintry dress. However, amidst the beginning of all this holiday cheer, the Veteran’s Day holiday (this Sunday, November 11) is a sober reminder of the 300,000 American troops still deployed abroad.
As many servicemen and women won’t be able return home for the holidays, and other families will spend this special time of year coping with the loss of a loved one killed in action, Christmas Decor, an American holiday lighting and professional decorating company, is giving back through what it does best. With the Decorated Family Program, now in its 10th season, Christmas Decor has decorated hundreds of military families’ homes. The stories from the families touched by the program will leave you teary-eyed.
If you know of a military family in need of some holiday cheer, you can nominate them through the Christmas Decor Facebook page until Thanksgiving (November 22). The company hopes to decorate at least 200 homes this year.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC