My mom always taught me that I need to speak up more, because my voice is too soft and girlish to be taken seriously. But despite training, my voice still doesn’t command attention. Then I heard about a pioneering surgery recently performed in Russia, in which two patients successfully received laryngotracheal implants. The implants were created from synthetic scaffolding seeded with the patients’ own stem cells, effectively giving them a new voicebox. Obviously, that’s a long way from my getting a voice as powerful as Adele’s, but the singer in me can dream, right?
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- 8 Rare, Vintage Photos That Prove Winters Were Way Worse in the Past
- Here’s Why Your Brain Needs You to Read Every Single Day
- 13 Things Credit Card Companies Know About You
- Squirrels and 11 Other Animal Species Who Could Totally Rule The World If They Tried A Little Harder