“Stranded at the drive-in” would be all the more dramatic if, instead of hopping into your souped-up roadster, you had to pedal your way home, alone and in tears. But make no mistake: If Sandy and Danny wore oversize glasses and ironic mustaches (respectively), they would be totally down with the Bike-In-Theater.
Last summer, creative agency Manifold threw the first ever Bike-In-Theater on an abandoned river side street in Brooklyn, New York. The free event featured crowd-chosen movies like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Caddyshack, with five different types of gourmet popcorn from Forking Tasty Supper to snack on. This year, there will be another Bike-In-Theater in New York; one in San Francisco; and the potential for other cities. Interested in yours being one of them? Tell them Reader’s Digest sent you; you can also head over to Kick Starter to raise money for the events.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- Being Bald Actually Boosts Your Attractiveness, According to Science
- This Is the Rarest Hair and Eye Color Combination in Humans
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween