Most births don’t make headlines unless the mother is, say, Snooki. But the arrival of Chicago mom Sara Connell’s son, Finnean, did, because it wasn’t Sara who gave birth: It was her 61-year-old mother, Kristine Casey, who acted as a surrogate.
As you might imagine, that wasn’t a decision anyone made lightly, but after Sara and her husband, Bill, tried years of fertility treatments—and after Sara lost a third pregnancy following the shattering loss of twins at 27 weeks—Kristine made the remarkable offer, and Sara and Bill said yes.
Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story, is Sara’s bracingly honest memoir, and it’s a testament to the power of family. Far from being sensational, it’s a moving and inspiring look at unusual choices made with love.
Still not sold? Watch the incredible preview below—you’ll see why you can’t pass this one up.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Gallatin, Tennessee: The Town That Rose Above Tragedy to Become the Nicest Place in America
- She Ignored Me All Through High School—Now We’ve Been Married for 58 Years
- This Heartbreaking Story Will Remind You Just How Much Kindness Really Matters
- At This Library, You Can “Borrow” People Instead of Books
- 10 Photos That Will Remind You There’s Still Good in the World