In the moving video below, news anchor Jennifer Livingston, of CBS affiliate WKBT in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, boldly speaks up on air against a viewer who wrote in to comment maliciously on her weight. Her action has sparked a national wave of support across all media, including newspapers, broadcast and online news outlets, and social media like her newscast’s Facebook page.
Since October is National Bully Prevention Month, it’s a great time to pay it forward and share Jennifer’s important message. Or better yet, stand up to bullying in your own community. Need ideas? Visit http://www.stopbullying.gov/.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Gallatin, Tennessee: The Town That Rose Above Tragedy to Become the Nicest Place in America
- This Dad Makes Halloween Costumes For Kids in Wheelchairs–and You NEED to See Them
- This Heartbreaking Story Will Remind You Just How Much Kindness Really Matters
- At This Library, You Can “Borrow” People Instead of Books
- 10 Photos That Will Remind You There’s Still Good in the World