As Entertainment Weekly first reported last week, Superman and Wonder Woman are set to bring new meaning to the phrase “power couple” this Wednesday as they lock lips in the pages of Justice League #12. The story’s since exploded, with coverage from USA Today, MSNBC, and The Huffington Post, and pre-orders of the $4 comic book are already fetching over $20 on eBay.
Curious readers—and other seekers of superhero romance—can get more for their money, though. Below, a brief roundup of under-$20 DC Comics stories featuring Wonder Woman’s previous relationships:
• Kingdom Come: Released to much acclaim back in 1996, this gorgeously painted book by Mark Waid and Alex Ross involves an alternate universe romance between Superman and Wonder Woman—and its resulting pregnancy.
• Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia Wonder Woman and Batman have enjoyed brief couplings in the past, but the romance flies out the window—along with The Dark Knight himself—in this hard-hitting graphic novel.
• Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals: An ’80s introduction to Steve Trevor, longtime love interest for Wonder Woman and, surely, man of incredible jealousy come Wednesday. Let the drama begin!
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?