I first saw this crazy, artistic video on Gawker.com, where domino artist FlippyCat patiently recreates Vincent Van Gogh’s “Starry Night.” After he sets up several thousand multi-colored tiles freehand over a few time-lapsed hours (to you, it’s only three minutes), then boom! They all fall down. My favorite part? Watch for the 1:48 minute mark, when after most all the tiles fall, the artist tosses a chip in to get a stuck whorl to collapse. Gets me laughing every time. Also worth watching: the outtakes and alternate views at the end.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?