Not to state the obvious, but it has been a hot summer. In fact, weather experts at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently reported that the last 12 months have been the warmest since 1895, and more than 170 heat records were broken in the second half of June alone. If we all lived in South America, we could cool off by taking a collective dip in the world’s largest outdoor pool, this mile-long oasis in Chile (then again, if we all showed up, the scene might end up like this pool in China). In the meantime, here’s my suggestion for staying cool: sit back, set the fan to high, and enjoy these vintage shots of fun at the pool.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Who Exactly Is Geronimo—and Why Do We Say His Name When We Jump Off Stuff?
- 20 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 17 Famous Company Names You’re Actually Pronouncing All Wrong
- 50 Little Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice
- Optical Illusion Photos: Stunning Pictures That Aren’t At All What They Seem