Not to state the obvious, but it has been a hot summer. In fact, weather experts at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently reported that the last 12 months have been the warmest since 1895, and more than 170 heat records were broken in the second half of June alone. If we all lived in South America, we could cool off by taking a collective dip in the world’s largest outdoor pool, this mile-long oasis in Chile (then again, if we all showed up, the scene might end up like this pool in China). In the meantime, here’s my suggestion for staying cool: sit back, set the fan to high, and enjoy these vintage shots of fun at the pool.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- 8 Rare, Vintage Photos That Prove Winters Were Way Worse in the Past
- Here’s Why Your Brain Needs You to Read Every Single Day
- 13 Things Credit Card Companies Know About You
- Squirrels and 11 Other Animal Species Who Could Totally Rule The World If They Tried A Little Harder