Inspired by everyday smells that triggered fond remembrances, two friends decided to start bottling that nostalgia, state by state. Samantha and Sacha, from New York and New Jersey respectively, drew from their experience in the cosmetics industry to start United Scents of America, a fragrance line boasting signature, unisex scents that capture the unique personalities of each of the 50 states.
United Scents currently offers five fragrances: New York, New Jersey, Texas, California, and Florida (Hawaii and Massachusetts are in the works). Sam and Sacha gladly accept recommendations from their Facebook or Twitter fans on which state they should mix up next. As a separate mission, both women hope United Scents will reinvigorate the spirit of American pride and encourage travel within the country.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- 8 Rare, Vintage Photos That Prove Winters Were Way Worse in the Past
- Here’s Why Your Brain Needs You to Read Every Single Day
- 13 Things Credit Card Companies Know About You
- Squirrels and 11 Other Animal Species Who Could Totally Rule The World If They Tried A Little Harder