Doppelgänger theory suggests that everyone has a double, somewhere in the world.
But, is it true? Canadian photographer Francois Brunelle doesn’t just think so, he knows so. Brunelle launched “I’m Not a Look-a-Like!” a project to photograph 200 “twins” who aren’t actually twins, or blood related at all. So far he’s about halfway to his goal. When he reaches it, he plans to publish a book of his black and white collection.
Do you know someone who looks eerily similar to yourself (or someone else)? If so, you can participate in Brunelle’s project here.
If you’re still iffy about long lost “twins,” check out this group at experienceproject.com, where people share stories about bumping into their own doppelgängers.
More About True Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC