1. Taylorville, Illinois
Pigs living under the county courthouse were so loud, Abraham Lincoln requested a "writ of quietus" for them.
2. Coleman, Michigan
When a local was killed in Iraq, the townspeople created a memorial to honor all fallen U.S. soldiers.
3. Pawling, New York
A local church hosts an annual blessing of the animals for all: dogs, hamsters, and even snakes and hermit crabs.
Content continues below ad
4. White River Junction, Vermont
What began as a children's neighborhood garden has turned into an organic food bank for the town.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC