Most births don’t make headlines unless the mother is, say, Snooki. But the arrival of Chicago mom Sara Connell’s son, Finnean, did, because it wasn’t Sara who gave birth: It was her 61-year-old mother, Kristine Casey, who acted as a surrogate.
As you might imagine, that wasn’t a decision anyone made lightly, but after Sara and her husband, Bill, tried years of fertility treatments—and after Sara lost a third pregnancy following the shattering loss of twins at 27 weeks—Kristine made the remarkable offer, and Sara and Bill said yes.
Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story, is Sara’s bracingly honest memoir, and it’s a testament to the power of family. Far from being sensational, it’s a moving and inspiring look at unusual choices made with love.
Still not sold? Watch the incredible preview below—you’ll see why you can’t pass this one up.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC