With no shortage of ways to remember the terrible events of September 11th, 2001, I’d like to recommend one you may have missed: “In Pictures,” a comprehensive photo memorial built by the New York Daily News for the 10th anniversary of the attacks that is, of course, still moving and relevant today.
Comprising images captured by the paper’s photo staff, the feature presents a unique opportunity to experience the fall of the World Trade Center as so many New Yorkers did. There are astonishing stories caught in every click of the shutter.
Of course, much of the content is difficult or disturbing, but there are moments of sheer inspiration as well: the “Memories live on in the streets of New York” slideshow presents an artistic response to tragedy, and “Forever loyal: Dogs search for survivors” displays an awe-inspiring rescue effort that I never knew about. Don’t miss it.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC