When is wasting time watching cool videos not wasting time watching cool videos? When those cool videos come from the Smithsonian, my all-time favorite museum.
Smithsonian.com recently posted their 10 most popular videos of 2012, and it is one fascinating lineup. The only existing footage of Mark Twain; an epic battle between T-Rex and Titanoboa (a 48-foot, one-ton prehistoric snake); a trip to gladiator school; a hermit crab migration; a weird clip from 1934 of some guys shark-fishing from a blimp.
More About True Stories
What You’re Sharing
- Carry These 3 Items All the Time—They Could Save Your Life One Day
- 28 Real Couples Reveal How They Knew They Found “The One”
- 6 Proven Skills for Any Emergency, from Someone Who’s Edited 30+ Survival Dramas
- This News Crew Saved a Man Live on Television During Hurricane Harvey
- A Photographer Turned Kids with Disabilities Into Superheroes—and the Results Are EPIC