101 of the Best 4th of July Sales You Won’t Want to Miss
These sales are so good, you'll be seeing stars (and stripes).
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
What is the 4th of July without some cheer-worthy sales? Summer cookouts, weekend getaways, and fireworks aren’t the only ways to celebrate America’s birthday. You’ll also want to shop the bounty of 4th of July sales that are the cherry on top of this patriotic sundae.
“Three-day weekends deliver amazing discounts across multiple categories,” explains Trae Bodge, a smart-shopping expert. “July 4th is known for deals on items for the home, including mattresses, decor, and furniture. Shoppers will also find discounts on apparel basics like loungewear sets and walking sandals, as well as outdoor gear for camping and hiking.”
The deals will be plentiful online and at stores open on the 4th of July, as well as restaurants open on the 4th of July. Some retailers will even be offering their best annual sales and massive, seldom-seen discounts to clear seasonal merchandise.
What should I buy during the 4th of July sales?
If you’re wondering where to start, big-ticket items usually see the steepest markdowns during this mid-summer holiday week. According to Bodge, you’ll be able to score anywhere from 20 to 70 percent off just about everything major retailers have to offer—and this could be your last chance to save big until the Christmas season. “Expect items like home decor and furniture to be marked down,” she says. “Larger retailers like Overstock, Home Depot, Wayfair, JCPenney, and Bed Bath & Beyond will have great deals.”
Discounts are also available in online casinos, just as they are in real-world stores, and we should not ignore them since we can benefit from these bonuses in both ways.
Does Amazon have July 4th sales?
Hold on to your patriotic hats, because even Amazon is breaking out the 4th of July fireworks in the form of epic sales that will make you feel extra patriotic. Every category will see discounts of up to 40 percent off usual retail, and it’s one of the best times of year to buy summer clothes and homewares like memory foam mattresses and towels.
How long do July 4th sales last?
Depending on the retailer, July 4th sales can last anywhere from a matter of hours to an entire week leading up to the big day. You don’t have to rely on a 4th of July zodiac reading—we listed all the exact dates and specifics below.
We did the hard deal-hunting work for you, so all you have to do is click below and buy. Then you can put up your feet and have an extra lemonade as you watch the fireworks and enjoy these other fun ideas for the 4th of July.
Patio furniture, grills, and outdoor entertaining essentials
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Yeti drinkware starts at $20, soft coolers start at $150, and hard coolers start at $250, now through July 4.
- Home Depot: Find a wide variety of top-selling patio sets and furniture under $500 as part of Home Depot’s 4th of July sales. They’ll throw in free delivery for nearly everything as well. The store’s Special Values section will also expand to include a variety of outdoor and indoor plants, tools, gardening gear, and more at discounts of up to 50 percent off usual prices.
- Kohl’s: Save big with doorbusters on everything from beach towels to pool floats at the Kohl’s 4th of July sale. Markdowns of up to 60 percent are offered across almost every category.
- Macy’s: Take up to 60 percent off patio furniture and outdoor entertaining essentials until July 4 using code FOURTH at checkout.
- Overstock.com: Find just about everything you need to make a gorgeous patio, deck, or outdoor space complete at this holiday sale. Take up to 70 percent off indoor and outdoor furniture and home decor, and shipping is free on everything. Indoor and outdoor rugs start as low as $14.99, and chairs and decor will be at clearance prices. Editor’s tip: Keep refreshing the store’s deal page for new discounts.
- Target: Patio essentials and furniture are marked down by as much as 50 percent off usual retail prices between July 1 and 4. Shop patio umbrellas marked down under $90, and a flurry of doorbuster offerings on outdoor pillows and rugs.
- Vego Garden: Buy one of anything on Vego Garden’s site, and get 20 percent off another item of your choice. The site includes everything from garden bed kits to composters to herb gardens and more.
- Walmart: Patio essentials start at just $9.99, and deals include clearance-priced grills, fire pits, furniture, lighting, and more. Keep checking the brand’s dedicated patio furniture deals page for daily offerings and rollbacks.
- Wayfair: The online retailer is offering up to 65 percent off outdoor furniture, decor, lawn games, and outdoor entertaining essentials in the days leading up to the July 4th weekend. Looking for specific ideas? These are a few things you can buy at Wayfair to create a backyard oasis.
Furniture and decor
- Big Blanket Co: All blankets are reduced by $44 when you use code USA at checkout now through July 10. This is the brand’s biggest deal of the year so far, and discounts cannot be combined.
- Crate & Barrel: Get 30 percent off popular decor and kitchen items at Crate & Barrel in the days leading up to July 4th, but the biggest discounts of all can be found on the site’s semi-secret clearance and sale section. Deals are swapped out on an almost daily basis, with items including select rugs already 40 percent off retail.
- Havenly: Shoppers can take advantage of full design packages being discounted by a whopping 45 percent when they use code FIREWORKS at checkout now through July 4. That brings new design packages down to $99, a total steal for expert-level interior design.
- HomeGoods: Find an expanded selection of clearance linens, towels, and home decor items at up to 90 percent off original retail prices through July 5.
- Macy’s: Take up to 60 percent off summer home decor and stylish furniture until July 4 using code FOURTH at checkout.
- Office Depot: Save up to 40 percent on select furniture and chairs from now until July 9, both online and in Office Depot stores.
- Overstock.com: This iconic internet retailer’s 4th of July Clearance runs now through July 5 and includes massive sales in every category and free shipping. Furniture finds start well below $100, so you really can’t go wrong.
- Rugs.com: Take up to 70 percent off through July 4 and make the most of free shipping and free returns. Indoor, outdoor, specialty, and even washable rugs will be included in this monumental sale.
- Target: Take up to 30 percent off furniture and decor finds as part of Target’s July 4th sale, from July 3 through 9. Find other doorbusters on summer essentials like beach towels and melamine drinkware the week before as well.
- Urban Outfitters: From June 30 through July 4, take an extra 40 percent off sale items—including sought-after furniture and decor—at Urban Outfitters.
- Walmart: Top-selling furniture and decor finds from brands like GAP Furniture and Better Homes & Gardens are marked down by as much as 50 percent, with doorbuster deals set to go live on July 4th weekend. Find throw pillows under $10, Pioneer Woman accessories for the home starting below $5, and more.
- World Market: Take up to 50 percent off items at this San Francisco–based retailer, plus an additional 20 percent off if you’re a first responder, health care worker, or teacher. This year’s July 4th sales include seating, rugs, bedding, towels, and conversation-worthy decor that will instantly elevate the look of your home.
- Best Buy: Head to Best Buy’s website to score up to 40 percent off most appliances, as well as unbeatable deals on other home essentials and tech gifts like televisions, audio equipment, laptops, and more.
- Dyson: Make the most of the Dyson outlet and clearance deals starting at $199 through July 4. New and refurbished vacuum models and air systems are marked down dramatically.
- Home Depot: The home superstore is making a second appearance on this list because it’s offering up to 40 percent off indoor and outdoor appliances. The Special Savings department appliances include this Samsung double-door stainless steel refrigerator at more than $100 off, and best-selling dishwashers under $500 (which will be more steeply discounted as the big day approaches).
- Lowe’s: Check Lowe’s ever-updating selection of 4th of July sales and deals—and keep an especially keen eye out for the retailer’s appliance markdowns from the last few days of June through July 4. Washers, dryers, kitchen appliances, and even outdoor cooking gear will be marked down by up to 40 percent off usual prices. Did you know that your appliances are most likely to break down in the summer? You do now!
- TUSHY: The popular TUSHY Ace bidet will be marked down to $399—originally $599—from July 1 through 4. No promo codes are necessary for this throne-worthy deal.
- Walmart: Air-conditioning units start at just $129 during the massive Walmart 4th of July sales that start in the second half of June.
Apparel and accessories
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Take up to 50 percent off water sports equipment and swimwear for the whole family from June 30 through July 4.
- Aerie: Save anywhere from 25 percent to 60 percent on the Aerie Collection, plus take an extra 10 percent off bralettes now through July 5. Now’s a great time to stock up on the brand’s beloved leggings and bras!
- Aerosoles: Now through July 5, take 25 percent off the entire Aerosoles site (excluding preorders) using code FIREWORKS25.
- American Eagle: Everything on American Eagle’s site will be discounted between 25 percent and 60 percent from now until July 5.
- Ann Taylor: Take up to 50 percent off your purchase until July 4. The deal is valid on all categories, so stock up on summer wardrobe essentials and workwear for fall.
- Beckett Simonon: Now through July 12, shoppers can make the most of 25 percent off sitewide. Sneakers, dress shoes, and boots for men are all marked down.
- Brooks Brothers: Take up to 40 percent off polos, T-shirts, shorts, swim gear, and more (plus get free shipping) at Brooks Brothers on the big day. Almost nothing from the brand’s summer collection is held back, and the sale prices are valid for men’s, women’s, and children’s fashions.
- Charles and Colvard: Take up to 20 percent off sitewide at this popular jeweler’s site from now until July 5.
- DSW: Get your wallet ready, because the best sandals for the whole family will be on sale for up to 50 percent off usual prices online and in-store. The sale runs from July 1 through July 5, to give you plenty of time to figure out exactly how many pairs of shoes it takes to reach shoe nirvana. (Hint: It’s a really, really big number, but at these prices, you might be able to get there!)
- Forever 21: Enjoy up to 70 percent off markdowns, and an extra 30 percent off swimwear, flip-flops, and dresses. The sales runs now through the entire first week of July.
- Gap: Expect up to 75 percent off just about everything at the Gap, with the majority of sale pieces hitting nearly 50 percent off usual retail prices. All of Gap’s departments will feature massive summer sales. Expect patriotic tees and tanks under $5, basics like shorts and V-necks under $20, and coupon codes for up to an additional 20 percent off sale prices.
- Girlfriend Collective: Take 20 percent off full-priced items and 60 percent off sale items through July 4.
- JustFab: Make the most of a 50 percent off sitewide sale now through July 23. You can score half off just about everything—sandals, boots, flats, heels, and other accessories. No code is necessary.
- Kay Jewelers: June 30 through July 24, shoppers can take up to 60 percent off select styles during The BIG Summer Sale. Customers can also enjoy 30 to 50 percent off other items, with an additional 20 percent off clearance.
- LOFT: Take 50 percent off your purchase through July 4. Upgrade your look with casual and dressy pieces at wallet-friendly prices.
- L.L.Bean: Get up to 60 percent off at L.L.Bean’s summer sale, which runs through July 4th weekend. You can shop the brand’s sale section for a massive array of swimwear, tees, hoodies, poolside favorites, and even some of the most comfortable walking shoes for men. Medical professionals can also stack those sale prices with an additional 15 percent. This slimming swimsuit is already marked down by 45 percent.
- Lunya: Take 20 percent off washable silk sleepwear and loungewear from July 1 through July 4.
- Lusomé: From June 30 to July 10, this popular cooling pajamas brand is having a 50 percent off sale on everything on its website. Best-selling nightshirts, tanks, shorts, and matching PJ sets, are included at rock-bottom prices.
- Macy’s: Take up to 60 percent off jewelry, handbags, shoes and more until July 4 using code FOURTH at checkout.
- M.M.LaFleur: Now through July 4, save up to 80 percent on select clothing items, no code necessary.
- Naot Footwear: Take 30 percent off all sale items over the 4th of July weekend. The deal includes sandals, boots, slippers, and other sale picks for men and women, between July 1 and July 4.
- Outdoor Voices: From now until July 5, take 30 percent off select styles, including the brand’s beloved Exercise Dress.
- REI: Now through July 4, take up to 40 percent off select items and 50 percent off new markdowns at the REI Outlet—but Co-op Members save even more. Members can also get $10 off when they spend $50 or more at the REI Outlet using code OUT4JULY22.
- Rifle Paper Co.: From June 30 through July 5, save 30 percent on the brand’s Summersalt swimwear and sleepwear collection, also using code SUNNY30.
- ShopDisney: Save 20 percent on orders worth $100 or 25 percent on orders worth $150 or more from July 1 to July 4. Use code SAVEMORE at checkout.
- Target: Take up to 30 percent off summer and patriotic fashion finds for the whole family as part of Target’s July 4th sale, running from July 3 through 9. Find other doorbusters on summer essentials like sandals, flip-flops, and sunglasses the week before.
- Third Love: A collection of discounted styles is offered at up to 70 percent off retail. Plus, take an extra 20 percent off orders of $150 or more with promo code TL-LOVE20 at checkout when you shop between June 30 and July 5.
- Travelpro: Select items from Travelpro’s Platinum Elite Collection of luggage all-stars are offered at up to 25 percent off retail from July 1 through 15.
- Trina Turk: Take an additional 30 percent off markdowns now through July 5. No code is necessary.
- Urban Outfitters: From June 30 through July 4, take an extra 40 percent off sale items—including stylish summer apparel—at Urban Outfitters.
Wellness and beauty
- Blissy: Shop Blissy’s silk pillowcases at a 60 percent discount, plus get free shipping, from June 30 until July 4.
- Dr. Yates MD Hair + Science: Take 20 percent off sitewide when you use code JULY4 at checkout, from July 1 through 4.
- Eight Saints Skincare: Stock up on skincare essentials and sun protection at 25 percent off from June 30 through July 4. No code is necessary, and your skin will thank you for the treats.
- Ella Paradis: Take up to 85 percent off adult toys using code BOOM at checkout. This sale runs from July 1 through July 5.
- Elizabeth Arden: From June 30 to July 6, take 25 percent off any $75 Prevage purchase using code POWER.
- First Aid Beauty: Now through July 5, buy one full-size First Aid Beauty product and get a mini for free. The promo includes the brand’s beloved KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub, Ultra Repair Cream, Pure Skin Face Cleanser, and Facial Radiance Pads. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on every order.
- Gussi: From June 30 through July 5, all Gussi home keratin treatment products are 25 percent off. No code is necessary, and this deal is just in time to fight summer’s worst frizz.
- Kinship: Buy any three skincare products and get 25 percent off using code FIREWORKS from July 1 through July 4.
- MDSolarSciences: From July 1 through July 4, stock up on vegan, recyclable sunscreen at a 35 percent discount using code JULY35 at checkout.
- Milk Makeup: Get a free tote bag, full-size Color Chalk, full-size Tattoo Stamp, Kush mascara deluxe sample, and highlighter deluxe sample with every $100 purchase. The promo runs from July 1 through July 4 and can be redeemed with code HOTDEAL at checkout.
- Repechage: Skin care, home spa favorites, and other beauty essentials are offered at 20 percent off from July 1 through 4. Shipping is free.
- Skinstore: Take 20 percent off select beauty products, including brands like NuFace, Sunday Riley, and Aesop using code JULY4 until July 5.
- Snow Teeth Whitening: Take 40 percent off sitewide from July 1 through 5. No special codes are necessary, and the deal is valid on everything the brand sells.
- Urban Outfitters: Urban Outfitters’ sale section, which includes beauty picks like press-on nails and skincare refrigerators, are discounted an extra 40 percent from June 30 to July 4.
Mattresses and bedding
- Amazon: Now through July 10, Mellanni Fine Linens is offering up to 25 percent off bestselling sheet sets with code INDPNDNC21 at checkout. They’re Amazon’s most popular sheets with over 300,000 reviews, so you know this deal is worth scooping up.
- Avocado: Now through July 11, take $100 off green, vegan, and latex mattresses—including the Avocado Green mattress we love—with code USA. You can also save $250 on an organic luxury mattress with code JULY.
- Brooklinen: Until July 6, just about everything on the Brooklinen website is marked down by 15 percent. It’s a rare discount, and probably the best time of the season to stock up on bedding bundles and bedroom accessories.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Save 25 percent on Brookyln Bedding’s entire site using code JULY25 until July 12.
- Buffy: Take 15 percent off Buffy’s entire site, including its super-soft bedding and lightweight comforter, now through July 5.
- Casper: Shop mattresses for up to $600 off and 50 percent off everything else except sale, bundles, and new products through July 11.
- Essentia: Take up to 25 percent off the natural memory foam mattress brand’s entire lineup of mattresses, pillows, and sleep products this July 1 through July 6. Everything is included except the brand’s hybrid mattresses, which will be $200 off their usual prices. You’ll also get a free GOTS-certified organic cotton sheet set—worth $299—with your purchase of a mattress. Here are some tips on how to buy the best mattress and pillows for you.
- GhostBed: Now through July 14, shop a variety of mattress deals, including adjustable bases at 40 percent off.
- Macy’s: Take up to 60 percent off bedding and bath until July 4 using code FOURTH at checkout.
- Nectar: Save up to $799 on Nectar mattresses with a possible bonus of up to $399 in additional freebies now through July 4.
- Nest Bedding: From now through July 18, shoppers can enjoy up to 20 percent off mattresses, added freebie bundles of pillows and other essentials, and discounts on sheets, duvets, comforters, and more.
- Purple: Take up to $400 off bedding bundles at Purple when you pick a mattress and add extras like pillows and sheets. Build-your-own-deal components start at $100 off.
- Saatva: The popular premium mattress and bedding retailer will be offering up to $200 off purchases of $1,000 or more as part of its July 4th sales lineup. Everything from non-toxic mattresses to eco-friendly bedding and pillows will be eligible for the discount, and no code is necessary. Shop July 1 through July 5 to score the deal.
- Bean Box: Sip some patriotic coffee with Bean Box’s 4th of July deal, running from July 1 through 4. Sign up for a coffee subscription and get your first shipment for only $7.04. Shipping is always free, and it’s a $24 value.
- Doughp: Edible and bakeable cookie dough company Doughp is offering a scrumptious 4th of July sale, running from June 30 through July 4. All purchases will get freebies like a five-ounce dough cup.
- Goldbelly: First-time customers can take $15 off $50 or greater purchases of direct-to-your-door goodies with code GETINMYBELLY at checkout, now through July 4. It’s the best time of year to send ice cream to friends, sandwiches to family members, and mouthwatering meats to barbecues you won’t be able to attend in person.
- HelloFresh: Make the most of 16 free meals and free shipping with code HFJULY4TH22 at checkout now through July 4.
- Mosaic Foods: The vegan and vegetarian meal delivery service is offering new customers four free meals, now through the July 4th weekend, using code 4MEALSFREE.
- Vahdam Teas: Take 20 percent off orders of $89.99 or greater when you use promo code 4JULY at checkout between July 1 and 4.
- Amazon: Small appliances and kitchen gear are up to 50 percent off usual retail prices during the mega retailer’s July 4th sales, running from June 30 through July 5.
- Caraway: Take 10 percent off ceramic cookware with code CLEAN10 now through July 12.
- Cloud Paper: Take 10 percent off the toilet paper and paper towel retailer’s entire site, now through July 4, using code FREEDOM10.
- LIKHÂ: Enjoy 40 percent off all seagrass baskets with the code SEAGRASSSUMMERSALE at checkout from July 1 to 4.
- Molekule: If you’re in the market for a new air purifier, now’s the time to buy. You can take 20 percent off the Air Mini and 25 percent off the Air Pro from now until July 5.
- Rifle Paper Co.: From June 30 through July 5, take an additional 30 percent off sale items with code SUNNY30 at checkout. Also, now through July 5, you can save 30 percent on the brand’s Summersalt swimwear and sleepwear collection, also using code SUNNY30.
- Welly: Take 20 percent off sitewide when you use code FIREWORKS at checkout between July 1 and 6. The deal is valid on all the brand’s sustainable, insulated drinkware made from real bamboo.
- Amazon: Popular smart TVs start at just $119 during the Amazon July 4th sales. Deals include everything from smaller 720p models to the highest definition wall-mounted majestic sets that are worthy of having company over.
- BestBuy: HD televisions, laptop computers, monitors, and Chromebooks are reduced by as much as 40 percent off retail during the BestBuy sales running through July 5.
- Unistellar: Now through July 4, star-gazing astronomy lovers are treated to freebies and gifts worth up to $429 with the purchase of the brand’s bestselling eVscope eQuinox or eVscope 2 telescopes on their website.
- Walmart: Take up to 40 percent off smart TVs, audio equipment, mobile phones, and laptops during the Walmart 4th of July sales. This 55-inch Onn. Roku smart TV is already under $300.
Of course, July 4th isn’t the only time to get a great deal. Find out the best times to buy throughout the year.
- Trae Bodge, smart-shopping expert
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone, and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.