The Best 4th of July Sales You Won’t Want to Miss
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
These sales are so good, you'll be seeing stars (and stripes).
Summer cookouts, weekend getaways, and fireworks aren’t the only ways to celebrate America’s birthday. You’ll also want to shop the bounty of 4th of July sales that are the cherry on top of this patriotic sundae. “Three-day weekends deliver amazing discounts across multiple categories,” explains Trae Bodge, a smart-shopping expert. “July 4th is known for deals on items for the home, including mattresses, decor, and furniture. Shoppers will also find discounts on apparel basics like loungewear sets and walking sandals, as well as outdoor gear for camping and hiking.”
If you’re wondering where to start, big-ticket items usually see the steepest markdowns during this mid-summer holiday week. According to Bodge, you’ll be able to score anywhere from 20 to 70 percent off just about everything major retailers have to offer—and this could be your last chance to save big until the Christmas season. “Expect items like home decor and furniture to be marked down,” she says. “Larger retailers like Overstock, Home Depot, Wayfair, JCPenney, and Bed Bath & Beyond will have great deals.”
We did the hard deal-hunting work for you, so all you have to do is click below and buy. Then you can put up your feet and have an extra lemonade as you watch the fireworks and enjoy these other fun ideas for the 4th of July.
Patio furniture, grills, and outdoor entertaining essentials
- Home Depot: You’ll find a wide variety of top-selling patio sets and furniture under $500 as part of Home Depot’s 4th of July sales. They’ll also throw in free delivery for nearly everything as well. The iconic store’s Special Values section will also be expanded to include a variety of outdoor and indoor plants, tools, gardening gear, and more at discounts of up to 50 percent off usual prices.
- BJ’s: From June 8 through July 21, Wholesale Club shoppers can get $30 off the Char-Broil American Gourmet 30″ Charcoal Grill while supplies last. It offers everything you need for the perfect outdoor grilling experience at an affordable price, and with the deal running extended dates, you have enough time to order it at a discount before the holiday weekend. Speaking of munchies, you’ll want to add these 4th of July appetizers to your menu, too.
- Overstock.com: You’ll find just about everything you’d ever want to make a gorgeous patio, deck, or outdoor space complete at this 4th of July sale. You’ll get up to 70 percent off indoor and outdoor furniture and home decor, and shipping is free on everything. Pro tip: Keep refreshing the store’s deal page for new discounts. Indoor and outdoor rugs will be starting as low as $14.99, and chairs and decor will be at clearance prices.
- Wayfair: This online retailer is offering up to 65 percent off outdoor furniture, decor, lawn games, and outdoor entertaining essentials in the days leading up to July 4th weekend. Looking for specific ideas? These are a few things you can buy at Wayfair to create a backyard oasis.
Furniture and decor
- Bench Made Modern: Now is the time to order that custom-made sofa you’ve dreaming of, because Bench Made Modern is offering 15 percent off orders from July 3 through 5. The discount applies to custom sofas and sectionals, sofa beds, accent chairs, rugs, lighting, and just about everything else. If you’re not sure which color is right for you in time, you can lock in the sale price over July 4th weekend by ordering the sofa style you want and then hitting the “decide later” option when it comes to choosing a fabric or leather. This Skinny Fat sofa is a perennial bestseller and a good place to start.
- World Market: Take up to 50 percent off items at this San Francisco-based retailer, plus an additional 20 percent off if you’re a first responder, health care worker, or teacher. This year’s July 4th sales will include seating, rugs, bedding, towels, and conversation-worthy decor.
- Crate & Barrel: You can get 30 percent off popular decor and kitchen items at Crate & Barrel in the days leading up to July 4th, but the biggest discounts of all can be found on the site’s semi-secret clearance and sale section. Deals are swapped out on an almost daily basis, with items like these velvet bed linens already 40 percent off retail.
- CanvasPop: Take 55 percent off the complete selection of customizable wall art and fun photo-forward essentials from CanvasPop from June 28 through July 5. Just enter promo code “4THOFJULY” at checkout.
- Best Buy: Head to Best Buy’s website to score up to 40 percent off most appliances, as well as unbeatable deals on other home essentials and tech gifts like televisions, audio equipment, laptops, and more.
- Home Depot: The home superstore is making a second appearance on this list because it will be offering up to 40 percent off indoor and outdoor appliances. Special Savings department appliances include this Samsung double-door stainless steel refrigerator at over $100 off and best-selling dishwashers under $500 (which will be more steeply discounted as the big day approaches).
- Lowe’s: Check Lowe’s ever-updating selection of 4th of July sales and deals here, and keep an especially keen eye out for the retailer’s appliance markdowns from the last few days of June through July 4th. Washers, dryers, kitchen appliances, and even outdoor cooking gear will be marked down by up to 40 percent off usual prices. Did you know that your appliances are most likely to break down in the summer? You do now!
Apparel and accessories
- Tea Collection: The brand’s best sellers for pint-sized fashionistas will be up to 60 percent off retail from June 24 through July 5, making these premium-quality kids pieces available at bargain-basement prices. Even basics like multipacks of bibs and the leggings will be marked down, so you can stock up before back-to-school season.
- Gap: Expect up to 75 percent off just about everything at the Gap, with the majority of sale pieces nearly 50 percent off usual retail prices. The store hasn’t yet announced which stackable promo codes will be issued for its July 4th sales, but it has shared that all of Gap’s departments will feature massive summer sales. Expect patriotic tees and tanks under $5, basics like shorts and V-necks under $20, and coupon codes for up to an additional 20 percent off sale prices.
- Chico’s: This store’s summer sales will be a treasure trove of discounts up to 60 percent off regular retail prices, on both staples and trend-driven pieces for women. You can also get an extra 20 percent off your purchase by signing up for the brand’s email list, and a bonus 10 percent off by signing up for text alerts.
- Hansen Surf: Take an additional 15 percent off everything at Hansen Surf by using code “JULY4” at checkout between July 1 and 6. The deal is good on surf gear, wet suits, swim accessories, shoes, and just about everything else you’ll want to make the most of beach season. Need a little help finding the perfect swimsuit? These are the best bathing suits for every body type.
- Brooks Brothers: Take up to 40 percent off polos, T-shirts, shorts, swim gear, and more (plus get free shipping) at Brooks Brothers this July 4. Almost nothing from the brand’s summer collection will be held back, and the sale prices are valid for menswear, women’s, and children’s fashions.
- L.L. Bean: Get up to 60 percent off at L.L. Bean’s summer sale, which runs through July 4th weekend. You can shop the brand’s sale section for a massive array of swimwear, tees, hoodies, poolside favorites, and even some of the most comfortable walking shoes for men. Medical professionals can also stack those sale prices with an additional 15 percent. This slimming swimsuit is already marked down by 45 percent.
- Tobi: Take up to 80 percent off fashions for her on this site’s somewhat hidden flash sale page this Independence Day. They’ll be offering dresses, tops, denim, accessories, and more at rock-bottom prices through the holiday weekend. The brand’s tees, tanks, and knitwear make great basics for business casual ensembles that will take you through summer and fall.
Wellness and beauty products
- BackEmbrace: Take 25 percent off this popular posture corrector that’s become a must-have item for those working long hours in front of a computer. Enter code “READERSDIGEST” at checkout to score the deal from July 3 through 5.
- Walgreens: Take advantage of Walgreens’ 4th of July sales to stock up on the basics. You’ll find a BOGO50 sale on select health and wellness items, and all active members of the military and veterans will get an additional 20 percent discount from July 1 through 4. Some items that will be featured in the sale are best-selling favorites, like these Walgreens multivitamins and store-brand pain reliever caplets.
- AHAVA: This is definitely one of the best times of year to stock up on beauty gifts for her and wellness essentials. Take 25 percent off everything at AHAVA, the popular Dead Sea mineral mud company, now through July 31 by using “MASKING25” at checkout. Some of our favorites? The brand’s popular face masks and the soothing and hydrating Dead Sea salts and soaks.
- Defenage: Take advantage of bundle deals at Defenage from June 25 through July 4, when the brand will offer up to 25 percent off regular retail pricing. The Ultra Neck Perfection Treatment Set, which includes a variety of best-selling, full-size products, will be offered at a 25 percent off bundle rate.
- Alloi: Staying germ-free is top of mind right now, which is why you’ll want Alloi’s antimicrobial copper iPhone and Airpods cases for your favorite devices—especially when they’re 25 percent off this July 3 through 5. Just enter promo code “USA” at checkout to take advantage of the deal, and feel better about a reduced-germ lifestyle.
- EcoVessel: Looking for an affordable eco-friendly gift for a friend—or a little something for yourself? Check out EcoVessel’s insulated stainless steel water bottles, mugs, and tumblers, which will be discounted by 20 percent from July 2 through July 4. Use promo code “4JULY20” to take advantage of this site-wide deal.
- BeautyStoreDepot: Take 20 percent off at this beauty site from June 29 through July 5 with the code “FOURTHSALE” at checkout. You’ll also be treated to free gifts and free shipping for orders of $45 or more.
Mattresses and bedding
- Saatva: The popular premium mattress and bedding retailer will be offering $200 off purchases of $1,000 or more as part of its July 4th sales lineup. Everything from non-toxic mattresses to eco-friendly bedding and pillows will be eligible for the discount, and no code is necessary. Shop July 1 through July 5 to score the deal.
- Purple: Take up to $400 off bedding bundles at Purple when you pick a mattress and add extras like pillows and sheets. Purple’s July 4th week sale will be similar to its Memorial Day sale, with build-your-own deal components starting at $100 off.
- Essentia: Take 25 percent off the natural memory foam mattress brand’s entire lineup of mattresses, pillows, and sleep products this July 1 through July 6. Everything is included except the brand’s hybrid mattresses, which will be $200 off their usual prices. That means you can stock up on memory foam beds, pillows, and more at a steal.
- KIND Snacks: Take 20 percent off any single order of KIND Snacks from July 1 to July 6 on the brand’s website. Just enter promo code “JULY4” at checkout and you’ll be all set with your road trip snacks for any summer trips you have planned!
- Bake Me A Wish: This New York-based bakery (which, don’t worry, has nationwide delivery) is offering a feel-good BOGO. When you order a Freedom Cake for yourself or a loved one, the company will deliver a cake to a U.S. military service member deployed overseas, sent in honor of your recipient. The Freedom Cake features a layer of decadent chocolate brownie surrounded by rich fudge frosting, an avalanche of sprinkles, and bittersweet chocolate shavings. While this 4th of July dessert deal doesn’t necessarily save you lots of cash, the extra dose of good karma is an unbeatable value.
- Tailored Pet: Take 50 percent off your first order of personalized dog food from Tailored Pet, plus get free shipping this July 4. Use code “TAILORED50” at checkout.
- Petmate.com: Use code “JULY4” at checkout to take 20 percent off all orders of $49 or more at Petmate.com. This discount code will be valid July 1 through July 6 and is good on just about everything the site has to offer, from dog beds to cat feeders and everything in between.
Of course, July 4th isn’t the only time to get a great deal. Find out the best times to buy these cheap finds throughout the year.
- Trae Bodge, smart-shopping expert