40 Hocus Pocus Quotes That Will Put a Spell on You
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
It's not Halloween without a little hocus pocus. Read these top Hocus Pocus quotes and get excited for spooky season!
Show your witchy side by sharing these Hocus Pocus quotes
One of the best things about Halloween is all the great Halloween movies we can binge. From scary movies to funny flicks, there’s no shortage of spooky cinema to indulge in. One of the most beloved Halloween movies? Hocus Pocus. It’s so beloved, in fact, that there’s a much-anticipated sequel set to be released on Disney+ in 2022.
Hocus Pocus is a comical flick about three witches summoned from the dead by a couple of kids in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween. Their goal? To steal the lives of Salem’s children before the sun comes up so they can live forever. With the help of a talking cat, the kids must outsmart the witches and save the children of Salem from their twisted plan. It sounds intense, but don’t be fooled; the movie is full of humor and memorable quotes.
Here are some of the best (and most hilarious) Hocus Pocus quotes for you to share. Share these with other Halloween quotes to capture the spirit of the season, or use them as inspiration for Halloween captions on Instagram. Enjoy these words from of the best witch movies out there!
1. “Oh, look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick!”—Winifred Sanderson
2. “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus.”—Max
3. “I smell children.”—Mary Sanderson
4. “I am beautiful! Boys will love me!”—Sarah Sanderson
5. “You know, I’ve always wanted a child. And now I think I’ll have one…on toast!”—Winifred Sanderson
6. “Well, it says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends.”—Allison
7. “Let’s light this sucker and meet the old broads.”—Max
8. “It’s a full moon outside, the weirdos are out!”—Dani
9. “Wench! Trollop! You buck-toothed, mop riding firefly from hell!”—Billy Butcherson
10. “Dead man’s toe!”—Sarah Sanderson
If you’re looking for some of the best Halloween costumes to wear this year, dressing up as anyone from Hocus Pocus would take the cake.
11. “It’s the chocolate-covered finger of a man named Clark!”—Mary Sanderson
12. “No, no! He’s a good zombie.”—Max
13. “Oh, cheese and crust! He’s lost his head!”—Winifred Sanderson
14. “Hang him on a hook and let me play with him.”—Sarah Sanderson
15. “I’m sorry, Emily, I had to wait 300 years for a virgin to light a candle.”—Thackery Binx
16. “It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, you sold your soul! You’re the ugliest thing that ever lived, and you know it!”—Dani
17. “I suggest we form a calming circle.”—Mary Sanderson
18. “Damn, damn, double damn!”—Winifred Sanderson
19. “Come little children, I’ll take thee away…”—Sarah Sanderson
20. “We’re young!”—Mary Sanderson
Loving these quotes? Then you’ll love these other funny movie quotes!
21. “I’ll have your guts for garters, girl!”—Winifred Sanderson
22. “You’re going to turn me into one of those fat, useless, contented house cats.”—Thackery Binx
23. “What a fool to give us thy life…for thy sister’s.”—Winifred Sanderson
24. “Mmm, mmm, mmm! I need one of those instant ice packs. You girls are giving me a fever!”—Bus Driver
25. “This is terribly uncomfortable.”—Sarah Sanderson
26. “Take good care of Dani, Max, you’ll never know how precious she is until you lose her.”—Thackery Binx
27. “Why? Why was I cursed with such idiot sisters?”—Winifred Sanderson
28. “Amok! Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok.”—Sarah Sanderson
29. “Fine, but everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It’s a conspiracy.”—Max
30. “You hags! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful!”—Thackery Binx
Don’t forget to check out these Halloween jokes for some scary good humor.
31. “Drop dead, moron.”—Dani
32. “Come! We fly!”—Winifred Sanderson
33. “Farewell, mortal bus boy!”—Sarah Sanderson
34. “Sisters, Satan has married Medusa. See the snakes in her hair.”—Mary Sanderson
35. “Thackery Binx, thou mangy feline. Still alive?”—Winifred Sanderson
36. “Stuff it, zit-face!”—Dani
37. “Dance, dance, dance, until you die!”—Winifred Sanderson
38. “I shall always be with you.”—Thackery Binx
39. “I love you, jerkface.”—Dani
40. “Go to hell!”—Billy Butcherson
“Oh I’ve been there, thank you—I found it quite lovely.”—Winifred Sanderson
Now, check out these other great Disney Halloween movies to watch this year.