The Best Amazon Prime Day Alternative Sales
Not a Prime member and already used up the free 30-day trial? No worries—there are still tons of savings to score when you shop Amazon Prime Day alternative sales.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Prime Day is officially taking place this year on July 11-12, 2023. That means the biggest bargains of the year—apart from Black Friday—are almost here! But there’s one catch when it comes to Amazon Prime Day deals: the best savings are only open to Prime members. Those who can’t commit to a subscription and already exhausted their free 30-day trial, don’t despair! Prime Day alternatives are abundant, and some of these savings are even better than the early Prime Day deals we’re already seeing.
Amazon Prime Day takes place two times every year: once in the fall, and once in the summer. Enjoy deep discounts on beauty, Kindle devices and other best-sellers. In recent years, competitors have launched their own Prime Day deals, like Walmart’s Walmart+ Week which coincides with Amazon’s shopping holiday. These sales are often just as good as—and sometimes better than—the savings available during Amazon Prime Day.
Shop the best Prime Day alternative sales below, and enjoy markdowns across all categories.
The best Amazon Prime Day alternative sales
- Nordstrom: The brand’s upcoming Anniversary Sale is one of the most anticipated Prime Day alternatives of the year, and this year it takes place from July 11 to August 6 for Cardmembers and July 17 to August 6 for everyone else. Stop by the site and save today.
- Target: The sizzling savings event is in full swing! Shop the sale before it ends and save on almost every category.
- Walmart: Walmart+ Week is July 11-13, and the retailer has slashed prices across the site. Secure the best deals on everything from robot vacuums to carpet stain removers.
- Wayfair: As usual, Wayfair’s contribution to summertime appliance sales is epic. Their Fourth of July clearance boasts deals among dozens of categories on-site.
Beauty and skincare
- PMD Beauty: Save 20% across the site with code GLOW20 and get the Wave tool for 30% off. See our review of the microdermabrasion tool for more information on this magical exfoliator.
- Sephora: The beauty retailer is offering up to 50% off select items, including popular finds like Fenty foundation and Tarte concealer.
- SolaWave: Save a staggering 40% on the TikTok-famous 4-in-1 skincare wand and serum that softens signs of aging.
- Ulta: Shop Ulta’s sale offerings for exclusive discounts on brands like Olaplex and Redken.
Clothing and accessories
- Allbirds: Save a whopping 40% on the best shoes for walking. Not convinced? Read our glowing review.
- Aurate: Striking, upscale jewelry is 30% off during Aurate’s Fourth of July sale.
- Bare Necessities: Pick up a new bikini or stock up on undergarments during the Fourth of July sale.
- Columbia: Now is the perfect time to save on winter coats and summertime activewear when you shop at Columbia. Everything is 25% off!
- Cozy Earth: Our editors’ favorite cooling pajamas and sheets are up to 35% off—it’s one of our favorite Amazon Prime Day alternative sales. From July 11-12, save 35% off sitewide with code PRIMEDAY.
- Eddie Bauer: Save a whopping 50% on sale items, plus 50% markdowns on clearance.
- Everlane: Dressy and casual finds alike are up to 60% off at Everlane!
- Girlfriend: Get 25% off everything on the site.
- Hanna Andersson: The Big Hanna sale is in full swing, which means limited-time savings on pajamas for the whole family.
- Honeylove: The popular shapewear brand is offering a “buy one item, take 20% off the rest of your order” promo. Plus, shop the discount section to find incredible deals, like $45 off the beloved Boldness body suit.
- Lane Bryant: We love saving money at Lane Bryant, and this plus-size clothing store is offering a staggering 40% off new arrivals and 50% off clearance. That includes the internet-breaking Livi legging!
- L.L. Bean: Save up to 50% on all sale items. Now is the time to stock up on bug-proof shirts.
- Skims: Skims is having an epic Last Chance sale full of items that won’t be coming back! Now’s your chance to stock up on your favorites before they’re gone forever.
- Summersalt: The warm weather clothing brand’s second-ever warehouse sale has swimsuits and clothing for up to 60% off!
- Zappos: The retailer known for shoes is also offering big savings on brand-name clothing and accessories that are perfect for summer.
- LG: The electronics brand is offering tons of deals, including savings on kitchen appliances, laundry care, TV and home theater systems and computers.
- Samsung: Samsung always has incredible deals running on their top-of-the-line appliances and electronics, but a rare savings of up to $400 on The Frame TV is so tempting.
Home and Kitchen
- Arhaus: Enjoy incredible savings on furniture and outdoor decor when you shop Arhaus’ Summer Sale.
- Bissell: Now is the time to pick up a new vacuum or carpet cleaner—most of Bissell’s catalog is on deep discount!
- Calpak: Through July 7, take up to 60% off luxury travel sets when you shop the Travel More sale. Psst—that means the bestselling Starter Bundle is available at a savings of $245!
- Citizenry: Limited-edition furniture designs are 35% off. But hurry—once they’re gone, they’re gone for good.
- Dyson: Dyson deals are rare and always worth shopping. Save up to $200 on select vacuums and air purifiers, plus $100 off the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer.
- Electrolux: Save up to 50% on vacuums and get a free filter. Plus, score up to $550 off laundry through July 12.
- Lowe’s: The appliance retailer is offering incredible deals—up to 35% off—on select grills through July 5.
- Monos: Save up to 20% off sitewide when you shop luxury travel gear at Monos. Use discount code JULY to secure the savings.
- Outer: Stock up on summertime outdoor furniture while it’s all 30% off at Outer.
- Rifle Paper Co.: Everything is 20% off with code SUMMER20.
- Rugs USA: Snag 30% off everything on the site with code FIREWORKS.
- Sleep Number: Sleep Number is offering savings of up to 50% on smart beds, bed frames, pillows and sheet sets among tons of other savings. The savings extend to bestsellers like the TrueTemp blanket.
- Solo Stove: Snag the smokeless, portable fire pit of your dreams during Solo Stove’s Fourth of July sale and save up to 50%!
- West Elm: The retailer’s Fourth of July sale is well worth shopping with up to 60% off select finds.
Mattresses and Bedding
- Avocado: Save up to 20% on organic mattresses, adjustable foundations, furniture and bedding. This includes the popular Avocado Green mattress that we covered in a review.
- Bed Jet: Bed Jet cooling systems eliminate overheating, promoting sweat-free sleep. Take advantage of a rare 30% off sale and save on this bed cooling system.
- Brooklinen: Score 20% off during the bedding brand’s biggest Summer Sale ever.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Use code JULY25 to get 25% off everything sitewide. Score incredible savings on the Brooklyn Chill mattress.
- Burrow: Upgrade your couch to the internet-famous Nomad sectional or pick up a few accent furniture pieces and enjoy up to 50% off select finds!
- Casper: Casper is currently offering a generous 35% off everything on the site.
- Dreamcloud: Score a mattress for 40% during Dreamcloud’s Fourth of July sale. This is their biggest sale ever, so don’t miss it!
- Eight Sleep: Get $100 off the bestselling Pod Sleep cover and enjoy sweat-free snoozes.
- Helix: Score a new mattress (like the editor-reviewed Midnight Luxe) and enjoy 25% off sitewide plus two free pillows!
- Luna: Use code July20 for 20% off cooling blankets and weighted covers.
- Molecule: Enjoy up to 30% off mattresses during the Fourth of July sale.
- Nectar: The mattress brand’s Fourth of July sale is already in full swing! Save a staggering 33% on everything—including the popular memory foam mattress.
- Riley Home: The bedding and pajama retailer just dropped dozens of deals into their Last Chance section. Get their popular hooded waffle robe for 30% off before it’s gone for good!
- Tempur-Pedic: Save $500 on select Tempur-Breeze mattresses during their Fourth of July sale.
- Chewy: Save on pet food, toys and furniture when you shop Chewy’s current deals section.
- Diggs: Pet crates, leashes and other pet supplies are up to 25% off.
- Fable Pets: Save 20% across the site using code JULY20.
- Pet Honesty: First-time customers on Pethonesty.com can receive 20% off their first order.
- Wild One: The aesthetic brand slashes prices on bestsellers, including their popular odor-free collars.
Top deals from the Prime Day alternatives
Cozy Earth short sleeve pajama set
Our shopping editors practically live in our Cozy Earth pajama sets—just look at our glowing review. These comfortable, moisture-wicking and cooling pajamas are made from bamboo viscose that looks (and feels) amazing. The drape, the soft feel—we just can’t get enough. Score a set today while shopping these Prime Day alternatives and save a generous $35 on select colors and styles.
Evry starter bundle
Luggage deals are the best time to stock up on vacation essentials, and this starter set from Calpak is one of our favorite recommendations. Available at a staggering savings of 45%, the bundle comes with a carry-on, large suitcase, five-piece packing cubes set and a rubber luggage tag. TSA-approved locks provide security, and we love the stick-free spinner wheels that make airport dashes less stressful.
Honeylove is home to some of the best shapewear—including the coveted Boldness bodysuit. Waist contouring keeps you looking snatched, and an adjustable gusset provides comfort for every body. Bonded compression and a comfortable, underwire-free lift offer a gorgeous shape under wedding guest dresses. Score it today and enjoy a $45 discount. But hurry—select colors are already selling out!
Eight Sleep Pod 3 cover
Cool down the bed with a touch of a button with the Eight Sleep Pod 3 cover. Buy one today and save $100. This editor-approved mattress sack slides over almost any mattress and uses a water-cooling system to banish trapped heat. Not only does it eliminate the night sweats, but the Pod 3 also offers automatic temperature adjustments for each side of the bed. It’s the perfect solution for couples who prefer different temperatures at night!
Dyson Supersonic hair dryer
Who knew that hair dryers could be intelligent? The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is more than just a hot tool—it’s a total game-changer. It uses the same ion technology as the Dyson Airwrap to eliminate frizz and minimize damage, while also delivering sleek and shiny results in seconds. Five separate attachments—including a flyaway hider—offer almost endless style options. It’s well worth the price, especially when it’s on a super rare 23% discount.
Nectar memory foam mattress
In our Nectar mattress review, we can’t stop raining praise down on this incredibly soft mattress-in-a-box. There’s a reason the Nectar memory foam mattress is so cozy: three expertly-crafted layers work together to cool, contour to the body and offer pressure relief. Plus, it’s easy to move around without waking up your partner thanks to minimal motion transfer. It’s well worth the price, especially at a savings of $350. Plus, enjoy two free pillows and a set of sheets!
SolaWave red light skincare wand and serum set
One of this year’s most popular gifts for moms, this red light skincare wand and serum set teams up to provide a soothing five-minute skin treatment. The red light targets blemishes and discoloration, while the serum offers decreased puffiness, smoother lines and a lifted and toned appearance. This self-care tool is completely pain-free and available at a generous (and ultra-rare) 40% off during SolaWave’s Warehouse sale.
Nomad sofa sectional
Known as one of the only cat scratch-proof sofas on the market, the Nomad sofa sectional is also available at a hefty $421 discount. Choose between five pretty fabrics and six different legs for a custom sectional that complements any living room decor. Different choices for arm styles, back cushions and upgrades like an ottoman add-on make this custom couch deal one of our favorite Prime Day alternatives.
Tencel comforter and sham set
We love giving this silky Tencel comforter and sham set as an engagement gift, but we’re secretly jealous every time we do. Now, we can score it on sale and save 20% on select colors—that’s an $80 difference! Sleek, moisture-wicking Tencel feels amazing against the skin and delivers cooling properties to hot sleepers. Pick it up today and enjoy a luxury bedroom at a bargain price.
Solo Stove Bonfire
The Solo Stove Bonfire is truly the ultimate summertime item. It’s the perfect housewarming gift or self-care splurge for those who love the outdoors—and one of our favorite Prime Day alternatives at a savings of $170. Smoke-free fire pits are ideal for families, and this one weighs in at a totally portable 23 pounds. Take it tailgating, on the trail or set it up in the yard for s’mores and stories.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.