Every Labor Day Sale You Don’t Want to Miss in 2021
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
Get your wallet ready! We found dozens of Labor Day sales offering some of the steepest discounts of the entire year.
You can’t afford to miss these discounts
This year’s Labor Day sales will be unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. That’s because retailers across the country will be doing their best to clear out the seasonal merchandise they still have because of reduced in-person shopping over the past few months. As a result, they’ll be offering extended discounts on beauty, back-to-school sale items, appliances, mattresses, and everything else, as well as rarely offered bonuses. And, here are the best sales this week, from bedding to loungewear.
“Labor Day weekend falls around the time kids go back to school and summer comes to an end, so you can expect retailers to promote even deeper discounts on seasonal merchandise to make room for colder-season items,” says Andrea Woroch, a money-saving expert. “You can find plenty of deals on end-of-season staples such as summer clothing basics—think T-shirts, dresses, and fitness essentials like workout shorts—as well as patio furniture, grills, and other outdoor-entertaining items. The back-to-school rush will be coming to an end around this time, too, so you can expect even further discounts on school supplies, backpacks and messenger bags, and comfortable walking shoes and boots.”
In short, get ready to do some serious shopping. You can’t afford to miss these sales—and even better, most of what you buy will ship right to your door!
rd.com, Getty Images, via bellefixe.com
Best Labor Day sales on clothing, accessories, and jewelry
Labor Day sales are deal treasure troves for fashion lovers, with discounts at up to 80 percent off usual prices. For those who live in warmer climates, that may mean scoring year-round looks for a fraction of what they’d normally cost. While you’ll find great sales on newer fashion items promoted earlier in the season for the return to school and work, says Woroch, the real deals are in the summer clearance section. “You can easily scoop up bathing suits, sandals and hats, dresses, T-shirts, shorts, and other summer fashion for 60 to 70 percent off,” she notes.
- Kohl’s: During Kohl’s Labor Day sale, you’ll enjoy extra Kohl’s Cash earning potential ($5 for every $25 spent), extended clearance sections, stackable coupon codes, free shipping offers, and blowout prices on denim, tees, and dresses. The offers will be available from September 2 through September 6, so you’ll have plenty of time to shop (and shop again).
- Soma: Stock up on bras, underwear, and the best pajamas for women at 25 percent off from September 3 through September 6. No code is necessary, and the discount is valid on your entire purchase—even the brand’s sale and clearance items. Not sure what to get? The brand’s loungewear sets have thousands of rave reviews and will keep you comfortably chic.
- Onzie: Scoop up colorful leggings, workout tops, and sports bras at 25 percent off during Onzie’s Labor Day sale. The discount will be active sitewide from September 2 through September 7 by using code “LABORDAY” at checkout.
- Bellefixe: This affordable hair accessories brand will run a stock-up-and-save Labor Day sales event from September 1 through September 10, and no code is required. Take 20 percent off orders under $40, 30 percent off orders of $40 to $60, 40 percent off orders of $60 or more, and a whopping 50 percent off orders of $100 or more. Talk about an excellent incentive to buy in bulk!
- Foster Grant: Shoppers can take 30 percent off everything on this famous sunglasses and reading glasses brand’s website from September 3 through September 6. If you’re on the Foster Grant email list, you’ll get access to the sale a day ahead of everyone else, too.
- Old Navy: From August 20 through September 2, you can shop this iconic retailer’s Pre-Labor Day sale, where you’ll get up to 50 percent off sitewide. See similar savings and doorbuster deals on Labor Day weekend itself.
- DiscountGlasses.com: Looking for an affordable place to buy glasses online? You’ve found it! From September 1 through September 10, this optical retailer will be offering 30 percent off everything it has in stock, including prescription eyeglasses and fashion-forward sunglasses. Use the code “LABORDAY30” at checkout to score the deal.
- DSW: Happy Labor Day…and Happy Birthday! DSW’s Labor Day sale coincides with the store’s 30th birthday celebration, so this is the place to be if you need (or just want) loads of new shoes. On September 5 and 6, you’ll find 30 percent off select brands, as well as doorbuster items at impossible-to-resist prices.
- Vida: Take 20 percent off just about everything at this fashion, home, and accessories site using the one-time code “BTS20” at checkout now through September 15. That means you can score already-affordable adjustable printed face masks and other fashionable finds at a bargain even after most Labor Day sales have ended.
- Tobi: From September 2 through September 6, you’ll score major discounts on Tobi’s clothes for women and juniors that will be unparalleled for the rest of the year. Take at least 50 percent off everything on the site, and pay special attention to the Labor Day Sale page, where you’ll find styles at up to 80 percent off. No code is necessary to take advantage of these savings.
- LOFT: Buy more, save more on full-price products from August 31 through September 6. Take 40 percent off one item, 50 percent off two or more items, and an extra 70 percent off sale products.
- Ann Taylor: Fill out your fall wardrobe with clothing that’s up to 40 percent off between September 1 and 6, and take an extra 60 percent off all sale products on September 5 and September 6.
- Marshalls: They’re practically giving away items at this discount retailer, where you can get a whopping 90 percent off retail prices and back-to-school wardrobe essentials over Labor Day weekend. Pro tip: Be sure to browse the clearance section for select shirts marked down to $2 or less, brand-name sneakers under $10, and more.
- AnaOno: Take 20 percent off sitewide from September 3 through September 6. No code is required for this sale, and bras, underwear, loungewear, and more will be included in the offerings.
- Payless: Beginning on August 31, this discount shoe retailer will be offering 25 percent off everything on its website. Then, from September 3 to September 5, you’ll get an additional 5 percent off with code “LABORDAY5” at checkout. On Labor Day itself, September 6, Payless.com will continue the 25 percent off discount and add an additional 15 percent off coupon with promo code “LABORDAY15” at checkout.
- Buttercloth: Take up to 20 percent off clothes for him during the Big Savings Sitewide sale from September 2 through September 7. Buy one item and get 10 percent off with code “LABOR10” at checkout. Buy two items and get 15 percent off with “LABOR15.” Buy three or more items and get 20 percent off with “LABOR20.” For more guy gear, take a look at this list of the best slippers for men.
- Beyond Yoga: Get your zen on with an extra 25 percent off already-reduced sale items at this yoga and athleisurewear company. You’ll want to pay special attention to the sale section finds from September 4 through September 6.
rd.com, Getty Images, via target.com
Best Labor Day sales on cleaning and organizing tools
Stock up for fall, winter, and spring cleaning while stores are offering stackable discounts, coupons, and codes. “Don’t assume the Labor Day sale price is the best deal you can get,” says Woroch. “You can stack coupons on top of the sale to save even more. Search coupon sites, use a coupon app, or just ask the store associate if they have any coupons. This has worked for me multiple times.” She adds that you can also often layer promo codes over sale prices when shopping online, too.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Take up to $100 off select Dyson and Shark vacuums, up to 30 percent off bath accessories and cleaning tools like garbage cans and toilet wands, 30 percent off air-enhancing large Yankee Candle jars, and varied discounts on organizational bins, baskets, and more. The sale will run throughout Labor Day weekend.
- Walmart: Did you know Walmart has an extensive rollback and clearance section of cleaning products and tools? Well, you do now, and over Labor Day weekend, they’ll be adding thousands of more items and rolling back prices even more. Expect to find disinfecting sprays, window cleaners, squeegee-type tools, and sponges at rock-bottom prices. And yes, you can stack your newspaper coupons on top of these deals.
- Target: Expect $50 or more off popular vacuum models like this Shark upright, which has hundreds of positive reviews, and up to 40 percent off other brands and styles ranging from robotic to handheld cordless wonders. You’ll also want to keep your eye on the price of this Shark MopVac, which we tested and absolutely love.
rd.com, Getty Images, via rugs.com
Best Labor Day sales on rugs, decor, mattresses, and furniture
Hold onto your home-designing hat, because these Labor Day sales are going to fulfill all your remodeling, redesigning, and sprucing-the-place-up dreams. “You will see the bigger discounts on homeware items that are released at the beginning of summer, but there will be plenty of sales across the board, so you don’t have to sacrifice,” says Woroch. “Expect to see especially great deals on bedding and sleep products, too.”
- Rugs.com: You’ll find up to 80 percent off usual pricing on rugs of all shapes, sizes, and origins at the Rugs.com Labor Day sale running from September 1 through September 7. Shipping and returns are always free, and everything from machine-made affordable floor frocks to high-end handmade pieces will be marked down.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Take 25 percent off everything Brooklyn Bedding sells, including their much-loved mattresses, bedding, and pillows, from August 27 through September 6. No code is necessary, and the discount works sitewide. Check out these tips on how to buy a mattress to find the one that’s perfect for you.
- Allswell: From August 19 through September 8, Allswell shoppers can get 15 percent off mattresses and 25 percent off everything else with code “LABORDAY2021” at checkout.
- BenchMade Modern: From September 3 through September 8, BenchMade Modern will be offering 20 percent off its entire website. While known for its custom sofas and sectionals, BenchMade Modern also offers upholstered bed frames, sleeper sofas, accent chairs, lamps, rugs, and more, so you can upgrade an entire room (or house!) in one fell swoop. No code is needed.
- Minted: If you’re a parent or grandparent, pics of your little ones are the best kind of decor. With this Minted deal, you’ll get 20 percent off baby and kid orders over $150 and 15 percent off those between $75 and $149. Just use code “LABORDAY21” at checkout from September 2 through September 7.
- Big Fig Mattresses: Take $300 off mattresses designed specifically for plus-size sleepers this August 18 through Labor Day with the code “LABORDAY” at checkout.
- Raymour & Flanigan: This furniture superstore will be offering 10 percent off orders under $2,500 and 15 percent off orders over $2,500 throughout Labor Day weekend. The discounts will be valid online and in person.
- Artifact Uprising: Looking for photo albums, frames, calendars, and other sentimental items? You’ll find it at Artifact Uprising’s sale, where you’ll get 15 percent off sitewide with the code “LABORDAY15” at checkout from September 2 through September 7.
- Target: From September 3 through September 6, Target will be offering massive discounts on Delta Children items, including nursery furniture. You won’t need any special coupon codes, and each day, a different item will be featured as part of a revolving selection of deals.
- Outdoor Fellow: Candles can elevate the look and feel of any space, and buying them at a discount will put you in an excellent mood. Outdoor Fellow will be offering 25 percent off sitewide from September 1 through September 7 with code “LABORDAY25” at checkout. The deal includes just about everything the brand sells, except for its subscription products.
- Bear Mattress: Use code “LDSALE” for 25 percent off sitewide, plus receive a free gift set with any mattress purchase. The gift set is valued up to $250 and includes two free Cloud pillows from the brand, plus a sheet set. You can shop this sale now through September 7.
- 5 Little Monkeys: From August 28 through September 12, take $50 off any children’s mattress, plus get a free kid-sized pillow. Choose from twin, full, and queen sizes, all designed and built specifically for growing bodies and proper spinal alignment.
- Havenly: Need a little help decorating? From September 1 through September 6, Havenly will be offering a 45 percent discount (from the regular price of $179 to just $99) on their popular Full Design Packages with the code “LABORDAY21” at checkout. The full design package includes virtual one-on-one time with an interior designer, three initial room design ideas delivered within two days, a final concept with curated picks and a shopping list, and more. Heck, they’ll even give you a virtual layout of your room with measurements!
- Saatva: Sleep better knowing you’ve gotten a great deal (and an excellent mattress) from beloved bed brand Saatva. From August 31 through September 13, you’ll get $200 off mattress orders over $985. FYI, here’s why you’ll want a non-toxic mattress if you don’t already have one.
- Baloo Living: Of course, a mattress isn’t all you need to make your bedroom super cozy, and that’s where Baloo Living comes in. Take 20 percent off all bedding and linens from September 3 to September 6 with code “REST” at checkout.
- Pacific Coast: Get the bedding dreams are made of during the Pacific Coast Labor Day sale when the brand is offering 25 percent off sitewide. The deal is active from September 1 through September 7, and shipping will also be free.
- Perpetual Bliss: Saving a bundle on dreamy items is pretty blissful in our book. Take 20 percent off sitewide (no code necessary) from September 3 through September 6 as you stock up on fragrant candles. They’ll get you through those cozy autumn nights, and they also make great hostess and holiday gifts.
rd.com, Getty Images, via carterandjane.com
Best Labor Day sales on makeup, beauty, and skin care
“Between college students heading back to the campus this fall and needing to stock up on everything from toothpaste to lotion to body wash, plus consumers wanting to refresh their beauty following the summer, you can expect a variety of deals across beauty categories and products,” says Woroch. Expect all of your favorite potions and lotions—from your favorite shampoos to the anti-aging creams dermatologists swear by—to be offered at a discount over Labor Day weekend.
- Loum Beauty: Between August 29 and September 5, beauty lovers can take 25 percent off everything this skin-healthy brand offers. On Labor Day itself, September 6, shoppers can take 30 percent off.
- MesoLyft: Treat yourself to 20 percent off all single derma rollers from this cult-favorite brand from September 1 through September 7. Use code “LDAY” at checkout to get the discount.
- Love Sun Body: This reef-safe, skin-safe, and even kid-safe sunscreen brand will offer a rare 20 percent off everything from September 1 through September 6. Use code “LSBLD21” at checkout to nab this one. Use it on face sunscreens, body-perfect formulas, tints, and more.
- Meloway Makeup: Take 25 percent off sitewide from September 1 through September 6, and be sure to stock up on the brand’s top-selling tinted eyebrow gels and unique mascaras.
- Petite ‘n Pretty: Teens and young women love this shimmery, feminine makeup brand, and with code “LD30” at checkout, they can get 30 percent off all products (except for gift sets) from September 2 through September 6.
- Carter + Jane: This clean beauty brand will be offering 20 percent off all purchases of $75 or more from September 3 through September 6. No code is necessary.
- Jenny Patinkin: From August 30 through September 6, shoppers can take 15 percent off beauty must-haves like jade rollers and other skin tools. No code is necessary.
- Spotlight Oral Care: Banish bad breath for good! This line of clinically proven, sustainable, and clean oral hygiene products will be 20 percent off from September 3 through September 6. Use the discount on the brand’s fan-favorite toothbrushes, toothpaste, and more.
- Saalt: From September 3 through September 6, you’ll get 20 percent off products from this sustainable, high-performance period care line. Find hipster-style period underwear, bikinis, and more during this very practical sale. No code is necessary.
- Elixinol: Nab 30 percent off this CBD brand’s gummies, oils, topicals, and more over Labor Day weekend and you’ll maintain your stress-free summer vibe this fall. If you’re new to this supplement, here’s everything you need to know about CBD.
- NuMe: Better hair days are ahead…if you take advantage of this sale. You’ll get 40 percent off hair tools and accessories sitewide from September 2 through September 6. No codes necessary.
- PAYOT: Say oui, oui to this Paris-born beauty brand’s Labor Day weekend freebies. On Labor Day itself, shoppers who spend $75 or more will receive a free weekend bag and special package of assorted goodies from the brand.
- Anisa Beauty: Take 40 off Anisa’s entire lineup of beauty-boosting makeup brushes with code “WEARE2” at checkout. Everything on the site will be on sale from September 6 through September 12.
- Jane Iredale: Save 20 percent on select favorites for fall, including the brand’s best-selling Beyond Matte Liquid Foundation and PurePressed Blush. Use code “FALL2021” at checkout between September 6 and September 8 to score the deal.
- Osmosis Beauty: This skin-forward makeup line will be offering 20 percent off sitewide from September 3 through September 6. Now is the time to snag best sellers such as the Enzyme Cleanser and Cool Skin Tool.
rd.com, Getty Images, via bestbuy.com
Best Labor Day sales on electronics and tech
Woroch suggests scouring the sales for tech accessories, laptops, earbuds, and other electronics, but steering clear of mobile phone purchases at this time of year. “Apple typically releases their newest iPhone model in September, so hold off until you hear the news,” she says. “Once it’s released, retailers will begin reducing prices on the past model, as well as other models, since they will be less desirable.”
- Totallee: Take 40 percent off this collection of fun iPhone cases for all current models and sizes with code “WORKIT40” at checkout from September 2 through September 7. The sale runs on both the brand’s website and its Amazon store. Here are more cell phone accessories you’ll end up using every day.
- SOUL: Since SOUL is offering 15 percent off its already-affordable electronics, it’s time to treat yourself to new earbuds for those long autumn walks and fall sporting events. The deal will be active throughout Labor Day weekend, and no code is necessary.
- BJ’s: Get $50 off Apple Airpods Pro, $15 off the LG Tone Style HBS-SL5 Bluetooth Headset, and $25 off LG Tone Free HBS-FN4 True Wireless Earbuds from September 5 through September 6.
- Best Buy: You’ll truly get the best buy here over Labor Day weekend when the store will be offering 60 percent off popular laptops, Chromebooks, earbuds, headphones, and trendy tech gifts. Expect a rotation of different short-term deals during this blowout sale, so check back frequently over the long weekend.
- MOFT: Take 20 percent off all the laptop stands and other great tech finds MOFT sells now through September 15. Use code “STUDYWITHMOFT” at checkout to get the deal.
- Sound+Sleep: High-fidelity sleep sound machines will be discounted on the brand’s Amazon page over Labor Day weekend. A variety of models will be marked down by at least 20 percent, helping you or a loved one get their best rest.
- Beats Headphones: Take up to 40 percent off popular headphones of all styles through the company’s Amazon store on Labor Day. Prime members will also enjoy fast and free shipping.
- Chromebooks on Amazon: The entire week leading up to Labor Day will see a flurry of deals on Chromebooks just in time for back-to-school. With the discounts, products from HP, Lenovo, and Acer will start at about $200. If you want to do a little comparison shopping, check out these other affordable laptops under $500.
rd.com, Getty Images, via homedepot.com
Best Labor Day sales on appliances and housewares
This year’s Labor Day appliance sales are expected to be bigger than any other appliance sales we’ve seen in 2021. You’ll find deals on duos like washers and dryers, small countertop appliances, and housewares you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
- Best Buy: Take up to 60 percent off popular large appliances at Best Buy, with the majority of discounts on popular brands, including Samsung and LG, falling in the 20 to 40 percent off range. Washers and dryers, dishwashers, ranges, and small appliances will offer the biggest markdowns during this year’s sale, and you can preview some of the offerings here.
- Home Depot: As usual, Home Depot will be offering major discounts and extra incentives to shop their Labor Day sales, with deals across all large appliances for the home and even garage. That new stackable washer and dryer unit you’ve been looking for? Expect the combo to be about 30 percent off over Labor Day weekend. And while you’re shopping, grab additional bargains on lighting, decor, and patio sets while the markdowns are especially ripe.
- Walmart: If you’re not already shopping the Pioneer Woman collection at Walmart, now is the time, because some of the line’s best-selling countertop appliances, kitchenware, and decor items will be rolled back over Labor Day. Everything in the lineup is already inexpensive at full price, but the holiday weekend markdowns make it a can’t-miss event.
- World Market: Find up to 70 percent off artisan-made and -inspired kitchenwares and goods at this popular retailer’s Labor Day sale. Running the entire weekend, it will offer clearance prices on coffee mugs, tablecloths, napkins, gift items, candles, and autumnal dining decor.
- T.J. Maxx: Sure, you know you’ll find the best leggings and sweaters at your favorite discount clothing store, but did you know that T.J. Maxx also has a whole lighting section? Well, they do, and they’ll be offering up to 50 percent off their own already-affordable prices over Labor Day weekend. Considering the store’s policy is to discount from full retail to begin with, you’ll be able to save as much as 90 percent off. (Yes, you read that right!)
- Mitzi: From September 1 through September 20, you’ll get 20 percent off all ultra-stylish Mitzi lighting essentials. Chandeliers, wall sconces, pendants, flush mounts, and everything else they make and sell will be included in this interior-designer-approved sale.
- Build.com: Popular lighting fixtures from Troy and Hudson Valley Lighting will be marked down by 20 percent off retail prices over Labor Day weekend, giving you a chance to grab a sconce, add a pendant, or upgrade a table lamp—and in the process, elevate the look of your entire living space affordably. These are classic designer pieces meant to last a lifetime, so finding them at a reduced price is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
rd.com, Getty Images, via eatmeguiltfree.com
Best Labor Day sales on food products
Holiday weekend sales and deals aren’t just for clothes, hygiene, furniture, and tech. You can get some pretty sweet sales on food, snacks, and kitchen items, too. Find clippable coupons for in-store savings, or look for bulk deals, discounted small kitchen appliances, and packaged foods online at major discounts.
- Eat Me Guilt Free: This line of protein-packed desserts doesn’t taste like health food, and its devoted cult-following means it seldom goes on sale. This Labor Day weekend, though, fans can take 15 percent off the brand’s limited-run Pumpkin Spice variety, which is just as protein-packed, non-GMO, and preservative-free as its other offerings. Use code “SPICE15” at checkout to score the deal.
- Rendall Co.: Take 30 percent off everything this female-founded kitchen workwear company makes, including aprons and masks, from September 1 through September 7. While you’re shopping, support these other women-owned businesses this month—and every month.
- Tim Hortons: Register as a Tims Reward member between August 18 and September 28 and you can buy a 99-cent hot or iced coffee for the first week. Also, between August 18 and September 24, all rewards members can take advantage of a Spend-$10-Get-$10 bonus deal. We’ll drink (coffee) to that!
- Chefwave: Are you vegan or lactose-intolerant? This sale’s for you! The ChefWave Milkmade vegan milk maker, which normally retails for $238, will be just $179.95 on Amazon from September 3 through September 6. This model boasts six plant-based auto programs so you can create almond, cashew, oat, soy, coconut, and macadamia milk.
Best Labor Day sales on baby and children’s items
- Homer: For just $45 now through September 7, you can access a full year of Homer, a learning app designed to keep little minds engaged and growing. In an era where in-person learning seems uncertain and kids need to catch up on time lost from last year’s studies, this program can prove invaluable.
- Millie Moon Diapers: During the first week of September, just in time for Labor Day, shoppers who purchase $100 of Millie Moon diapers and wipes will receive a $20 gift card to Target.
- Gymboree: Enjoy up to 60 percent off baby, toddler, and children’s fashions from September 1 through September 6 at this beloved kids’ brand.
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES, via learnwithhomer.com
Best Labor Day sales on sporting goods
Retailers are eager to clear last year’s merchandise and summer gear to make room for the loads of cool-weather goods and holiday products they’ll be selling soon enough. Discounts can top 80 percent in some categories like ski and snowboard, while other more evergreen sporting equipment and camping gear will be marked down to push sales volume.
- Christy Sports: Powder Daze, this iconic ski and snowboard retailer’s biggest sale of the season, starts on August 26 and runs through September 6. A near-endless supply of outdoor gear will be marked down by up to 60 percent off usual prices. Winter will be here before you know it, so it’s smart to stock up now.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Take up to 50 percent off popular items, back-to-school fashions, and end-of-summer favorites at the Dick’s Labor Day weekend sale. Check the site frequently from September 1 through September 6 for the best possible deals.
- Eastern Mountain Sports: Save up to 70 percent off during the EMS Labor Day sale. Loads of outdoor apparel, shoes, and other gear will be reduced for quick sales. This will definitely be the best time to stock up on walking shoes for men.
- FUNBOY: Take up to 20 percent off whimsical outdoor accessories, sprinklers, and pool floats through Labor Day weekend. You still have some time left to enjoy them—and you’ll love being ahead of the game for next year, too!
rd.com, Getty Images, via dollargeneral.com
Best Labor Day sales for teachers
Teachers across America are going to love these Labor Day sales that honor their hard work and dedication. Bonus: They’re right in time for back-to-school season!
- Mazda: From now through September 30, the Mazda Essential Car Care for Educators program will provide teachers with free standard oil changes at participating dealers nationwide. Even better? They don’t care if you drive a Mazda or not. They’ll give most makes and models a free standard oil change as their way of saying thanks to the men and women who have bravely given so much of themselves during the pandemic.
- Dollar General: This popular retailer offers a little of everything, and through September 6, they’re offering teachers a 30 percent discount off just about everything through the Teacher Appreciation Event. Educators will receive a special coupon that can be used up to four times during the Back to School promotional period. Use it on pens, pencils, snacks, masks, or even some comfortable shoes to keep you on your feet in front of the dry-erase board all day.
While Labor Day is a prime time to get some great deals, you’ll also want to bookmark this list of the best annual sales to find even more cheap buys throughout the year.
Want more deals and product picks sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter!
- Andrea Woroch, money-saving expert