91 Math Pickup Lines That Will Get You That Cutie-Pi’s Number
Have you ever seen acute-y across a divide and wanted to say hi without looking like a square? These math pickup lines will do the trick!
Dating is a lot like math class: If it feels too easy, you probably did something wrong … but you don’t want to make 1+1 overly complicated and have it end up equaling something other than 2! So how do you find the balance between being acute-ly adorkable and obtuse? Use pickup lines that are smart, charming and a little cheesy (in the best way possible). Sure, these chemistry pickup lines and nerdy pickup lines are sure to get a smile, but if you really want to make your love infinite, then you should go straight for these math pickup lines.
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Cute math pickup lines
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES
- I hate fractions. Will you be my other half and complete me?
- Us math nerds belong together—can I call-cu-later?
- I’m not a mathematician, but I’m pretty good with numbers. Can I have yours?
- You must be a 90-degree angle, because you’re looking just right.
- Are you a math book? Because you’ve got all the right curves.
- In math class, they always told us to solve for X. So glad I found U instead.
- If beauty were a function, you’d be continuous.
- Are you the square root of –1? Because you can’t be real, but I can’t imagine life without you.
- You must be the square root of 2, because I feel irrational when I’m around you.
- Are you a Venn diagram? Because I see a lot of overlap between you and me.
- Talking to you is as easy as pi. What’s your favorite flavor?
- Go on a date with me and we can make our own math equation: 1+1= <3. (Editor’s note: <3 is texting shorthand for a heart!)
- I promise: Say yes to a date with me, and I’ll make all your worries polygon(e).
- Want to meet up for coffee? I promise to be a perfect tangentleman!
- If you were a triangle, I know what kind you’d be: acute one.
- You must be the square root of –100 … you’re a solid 10, but too good to be real!
- At the risk of sounding Fibbonacheesy, you’re a cutie-pi and I’d love to take you out.
- Without you, my heart is like a null set: empty.
- Are you the square root of 1? Because you’re making me feel all positive!
- Is your name pi? Because you are so sweet!
- Are you a tangent? Because you’re always right next to me.
- I’m great at remembering numbers. Give me your digits, and I’ll prove it to you!
- I know my math, and I’d say you have a significant figure!
Of course, you have to know your audience. When a math pickup line won’t solve the problem of how to get her number, try these other pickup lines for girls.
Funny math pickup lines
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES
- Did you take calculus? Because you derive me crazy with those beautiful eyes.
- You and I must be parallel lines, because we have so much in common … but unlike parallel lines, I hope we get to meet up eventually. How about Friday?
- What’s 1+1? You’re clearly great at math—you should add me to your contacts!
- You remind me of statistics: What is revealed is interesting, but what is hidden is the important part.
- I’ve memorized the first 100 digits of pi—and that was still easier than forgetting you.
- Hey, do you like algebra? I’m looking for someone who will replace my eX without asking Y.
- I’ve been thinking about asking you out, and it feels like √(–1): complex, but hopefully not imaginary!
- It’s a good thing we met in math class. Now I can ask you out because I know you can’t differentiate.
- Are you into math? Because whenever I’m around you, I feel my interest rate rise.
- My name is X, but you can call me “pi.” Why? Because I just can’t act rational when I’m around you.
- Are you an algorithm? Because I’ve been searching for someone like you my whole life.
- Geometry was one of my best subjects. Don’t believe me? Here’s a proof of my love.
- I’ve never been a big fan of math. In fact, the only number I care about is yours.
- Are you a math book? Because you’ve got problems I want to solve.
- Do you like statistics? Because you are definitely having a significant effect on my heart rate.
- I see us as two coordinates on a graph: solitary now but destined to be connected by a line. (Hint: This is my line!)
- Turning down a date would be like the square root of –2: irrational.
- I’m not a mathematician, but I’m pretty good with numbers. How about we exchange a few?
- Is your name Pythagoras? Because you make me want to square my hypotenuse.
- Are you a 45-degree angle? Because you’re acute-ly adorable!
- Are you a math problem? Because I’d stay up all night to work on you.
- Who said math isn’t sexy? I’m feeling some serious calculust right now.
- Are you a complex number? Because you have a real and an imaginary part, and both are amazing.
- You are the sum of your divisions. In other words, you’re perfect.
If you’re looking for the man of your (Euclidian) dreams, these might work. If you need a backup plan, peruse these other pickup lines for guys.
Corny math pickup lines
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES
- Are you a math problem? Because you’ve got me in a constant state of confusion.
- You must be a mathematician because I can always count on you.
- Hey, baby, what’s your sine?
- I’m not being obtuse—you are a-cute guy.
- My attraction to you is growing exponentially by the minute.
- Are you a math teacher? Because you’ve got class!
- Let me be your abacus—you can always count on me.
- Are you a square root? Because when I’m around you, things suddenly make sense.
- I must be a prime number because I’m only divisible by one, and that’s you.
- Are you a non-repeating decimal? Because your beauty is never-ending.
- I’m not a math teacher, but I can definitely teach you a thing or two about love.
- Can I be your cosine? Because I love to complement you.
- Geometry must be your best subject. Why? Because you’re proof that the perfect girl/guy exists.
- If you were a fraction, you’d be a proper one.
- Are you an equation? Because I want to work with you until we find the solution.
- If we are both math majors, then why is there so much chemistry between us?
- Are you an exponent? Because my attraction to you is growing exponentially.
- Are you a math problem? Because you’re making me divide my attention.
- Are you a tangent line? Because you’re touching my heart at just one point.
- I have a trig-gy question for you. Any chance you’re sin2x? Because I’m cos2x, which means that together we’d make one!
- If 4+4 equals 8, then me + you equals fate.
- You are one well-defined function.
- I’d like to meet someone good at math. Can you solve this equation for x? X = your number.
- Can I be your derivative? I’ll be the change you need.
Build on your newfound love connection with our endless supply of corny math jokes for Pi Day and beyond.
Clever math pickup lines
RD.COM, GETTY IMAGES
- Are you the sum of the first positive odd integers? Because you’re truly one of a kind.
- Let’s play a math game: You be the numerator, and I’ll be the denominator. Then both of us reduce to the simplest form.
- Are you a quadratic equation? Because I can’t stop looking for the root of our attraction.
- You and I would add up better than a Riemann sum.
- Can I be your integral? I want to be the area under your curves.
- If you were a function, then you’d be my asymptote because I always tend toward you!
- Are you a function? Because you’re always changing, but I still can’t get enough of you.
- Are you a non-terminating decimal? Because you go on forever, and I still can’t get enough.
- Are you a perfect square? Because I’m feeling irrational, but you make me whole.
- Talking to you reminds me of high school math—I can’t figure you out, but I’d love to try.
- I must be a variable because you can’t predict what I’ll do next.
- I wish I was your secant line so I could touch you in at least two places.
- I must be a factor, because I want to make a difference in your life.
- I’m not a magician, but I am a mathematician—meaning I can’t make your problems disappear, but I can certainly help solve them.
- Are you a set? Because you make my heart complete.
- I must be a function because I always return to you.
- Want to know how much I like you? Divide by zero—it can’t be defined.
- Your hotness is the one thing keeping us from ever reaching Absolute Zero.
- Are you the square root of 100? Because you’re a solid 10.
- You must be a 90-degree angle. Because you are looking all right!
For another type of nerdy fun, check out these Star Wars pickup lines that R2 Endor-able.